ART BLOCKS


These blocks feature my family valentine from 2008 with some simple little painted hearts.

WHATSUP
At the December miniature show at the Wild Horse Gallery, my students and I created a lot of 3" x 3" art blocks featuring original work plus prints of artwork or vintage images. They proved to be extremely popular.

The gallery is now preparing a February show with a chocolate buffet and wine/champagne tasting. I decided to prepare some special blocks for the show.

Each year I try and create an original valentine for my husband and three girls. So I've scanned these images, played with some to digitally alter colors and put them on blocks.

I created a 7" x 7" colored pencil heart drawing then after scanning the image, altered the colors for different blocks.

My sunflower paintings seem to get a lot of attention so I've been using those images on blocks.


I have been collecting vintage images of all sorts for a long time. I alter them, distress them and play with them then print those on the blocks. I think these have been some of my best sellers.
The Chocolate show is scheduled for February 19th and the gallery is selling tickets so this show will require patrons purchase admission to attend.



Comments

Popular Posts