BOOK

Book
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

We are a family of book lovers and being teachers, our homes are filled with libraries.  My husband out reads everyone I know so we have stacks of books throughout our house.  With school just around the corner, this drawing seemed to fit.  I may have gone a bit overboard trying to give each book a little personality.  I wanted them to appear to be a bit used and loved but didn't want to identify any particular subject or author.

I'm back from my California trip and busy preparing to leave again in a few days for the big, weekend art show in Salida, Colorado.  I have frames, mats, prints and display stuff piled all over the first story of my home and my upstairs studio is filled with work in all stages of completion.  I hope to have it all organized soon.  That's at least my plan.

Meanwhile, school starts a week from today so I'm also busy cleaning and setting up my classroom.  Each summer our custodial staff seems to take delight in rearranging my furniture and leaving my computers scattered around the room so I have to hunt for the cords and components like Easter eggs.  I spent four hours there yesterday but still have lots to do.  I spend a lot of my summer dreaming up new lessons so I'm anxious to see my students and get them to work.

I am feeling a little overwhelmed but happy, too.  I love the start of school and I am, of course, thrilled to be a part of another big art show.

Comments

Popular Posts