FRENCH NEST

Nid d'oiseaux (Little Nest)
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, French/English Dictionary

I am so-o-o-o-o excited to have brand new stacks of really old and varied dictionaries.  I never knew there were so many different dictionary publishers.  I not only have French and German dictionaries but I now how multiple publishers and books from 125 years old, 100 years old and lots from the 40's through the 60's.  Each edition has it's own characteristics and personality depending on where it has lived.  Some smell very mildewed and others have a hint of pipe smoke....I LOVE THEM ALL!

I watched this piece find a new home last week at the OKC Festival of the Arts.  My sister sacrificed her whole week to help me man and sell from my booth and she kept commenting how much she wanted this drawing.  When someone came in and swooped it up I was actually a little disappointed to see it go.

I love the three little eggs nestled away in this nest - one for each of my precious daughters.  All three of my girls helped make last week's show a big success. My husband, son-in-laws all pitched in.  I am very grateful for their support and efforts to help me exhibit in OKC.

Comments

Popular Posts