HOLIDAY ART SHOW AT HOME



I don't often display my artwork in my hometown.  This past weekend, my three daughters and I set up an art booth during a local craft bazaar.  The bazaar raises money for medical expenses for area families which this year included a popular high school student who is battling an aggressive form of cancer.

We had a wonderful day of visiting with friends and family and made a lot of sales.  My daughters brought jewelry and some darling, miniature pies baked in tiny jars.  I thought our booth display looked awesome.  

At most art shows, I am restricted to only have artwork for sale.  Some shows permit print sales while others only permit originals to be displays and sold.  For this show I was able to reproduce some of my artwork on other gift items.  It was great fun to create a little shop.

One of the new things I built for this show were the wooden wings I hung on the front of the booth.  I saw wings like this at other craft shows and knew I wanted some of my own.  I purchased the metal face during a trip to see my sister in California.  I hope to create a copy of my flying shoes logo to use at art shows next spring.

This was my last art show until next spring.  My Etsy shop is getting a lot of holiday orders which has me busy.  My biggest creative project for now is directing "Man of LaMancha" at our community theater.  So watch for stories about that adventure.

Comments

Popular Posts