VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

ALTHEA COMMISSION

Althea
61/2" x 10" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

A few months ago I received a commission via my website for a baby gift.  The child's name was going to be Althea and the family wanted a dictionary page in her honor.  So I set about trying to locate that name in one of my many stacks of dictionaries.  I finally tracked down the name in an old book and discovered that it was a botanical name for Hollyhock.

While emailing back and forth with the customer I learned that the child's mother preferred violet rather than little girl pinks.  So I completed the drawing about two months ago and have been waiting for the child arrive so I could include the birth date.

Althea made her entrance this past week and when I was notified I added that date to the page.  I thought this was a very sweet commission from a very thoughtful grandmother.  I pray for a sweet life ahead for the little one named in my work.

No comments: