VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A IS FOR ALLIGATOR


I am off and running with drawing each letter of the alphabet on the pages of this wonderful, children's dictionary.  I am trying to find a couple of different definitions on each page that spark my imagination. 

For this page I created a funny alligator in a fat little airplace dropping alarm clocks.  Airplane and Alarm Clock both appear on the page.  I was able to protect this page from tears and rips but it is extremely fragile so I went ahead and covered the back with gel medium.

I'm still debating how to reproduce prints of these drawings.  I think they would be cute as little cards that could be framed or hung together to spell out a child's name.  I also think they would be clever in a smaller card set that includes the whole alphabet.  I am getting a little ahead of myself - that means doing the WHOLE ALPHABET.

1 comment:

alarmcat said...

this is absolutely "A"-dorable!!