"BLACKBERRIES IN A CUSTARD CUP"

It has been a particularly distressing week in my classroom.  (No real tragedy but a lot of disappointment in how my students are performing.)  I have high expectations for my students and myself and it's challenging not to personally react to apathy or wasted time and talent.

Creative projects have always been an oasis for me whenever I'm upset so these little blackberries were supposed to rescue me from my teacher blues.  Sometimes a painting or drawing creates itself with very little effort but these guys seemed to fight me from start to finish.  Maybe it was my irritation at the end of the school day or maybe capturing black berries on a green background was a big challenge - I don't know.

"Blackberries in a Custard Cup"
7" x 10"
Pastel on Canson Mi-Teintes Paper

I am debating whether to frame this piece or not.  So help me out folks.  Tell me what you think.  Composition work?  Shapes and colors interesting?  Would you want to live with it peeking at you from a frame on your wall?

As for this teacher - she's pretty darn happy spring break starts next week.

Comments

Leah said…
I like it! but I like everything you do :)

Popular Posts