POMEGRANATE ON A PATTERNED SAUCER

I have been dreaming of a colorful pomegranate still life for months and I've also been anxious to paint a little saucer my youngest daughter bought me at a local thrift store.  Today I did both and I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

"Pomegranate on a Patterned Saucer"
8" x 11"
Soft Pastel on Canson Mi-Teintes Paper

I am still on a quest to find the perfect violet, soft pastel.  I've bought an assortment of different brands online and at art stores around the Southwest but I still can't locate the creamy, soft, dark color I want.  I used all kinds in this piece.

I plan on completing four more, new pieces in time for my May 1st show.  I've got giant oranges and a sack of bright red chili peppers waiting on me in my refrigerator.  After that - who knows.....

Comments

Popular Posts