CHRISTMAS COMMISSIONS - ANNIVERSARY & CATS


"Anniversary"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page"
Sold Commission

Now that the holidays have come and gone I can post a few of the commission pieces I've done.  Anniversary was an interesting request.  I love this couple and when the wife approached me to create a dictionary drawing for their anniversary, I was baffled about what image to use on the definition.  I decided the best option was to forget about generic images but instead to try to use one of their wedding photos.

Here is the result.  I may advertise taking more commissions like this for baby announcements, weddings and other special events.

"Cat"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
Sold Commission

This commission was from a friend who wanted me to create the images of their three, beloved cats.  I was sent a multitude of photos via Facebook of their animals only to discover that I couldn't tell one cat from the other.  I saw three, grey cats with no particular differences.  After more discussion I was able to learn something about each cat's personality and size.  When the patron got their drawing they were pleased so "whew!"

It is always a struggle to create a commissioned piece.  I generally don't enjoy commissions but I sure like making the sale.  Now I have two, large scale family portraits on commission to be completed in pastels.  I hope they will be a little easier to capture.

Comments

Popular Posts