SHELL SPREAD ACROSS TWO PAGES

"Shell"
15" x 10.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Two Facing, Dictionary Pages

One of the wonderful things about doing a series of related pieces (often called an Area of Concentration) is exploring new and different approaches while staying true to the original idea.  I think it is essential to constantly experiment and grow as an artist - I push my students to keep trying new styles, themes, subject matter, etc.  

When I am examining dictionary pages to prepare a drawing I have often been faced with a definition that spreads across facing pages.  I've usually discarded these pages but recently considered drawing across both pages and framing them together.  This is my first attempt.

I love this old page and already have a double mat ready to frame. I'm planning to reproduce it for a print but may only format the left side....I'm still not sure.

Comments

Popular Posts