VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Saturday, March 06, 2010

"Little Cowboy"

This 13" x 22" pastel on Canson MiTienes paper was started a couple of years ago as a companion piece to the following pastel portrait.  It is one of the many Skelton grandchildren.  I've been using this piece as a demonstration piece while teaching a pastel portrait unit to my second year students and decided it was about time to finish.

I took a number of photos of the Skelton/Mayer clan waiting for the annual Pioneer Day parade.  I thought they looked so cute dressed up in their western wear.  I did eliminate the candy sacks they were holding and substituted reins and ropes.

This is the first pastel I did which is now owned by the family living in Dallas.  I just loved his expression.

No comments: