Aven's Watercolor

Aven's Watercolor
6.5" x 10.5"
Watercolor & Colored Pencil on 200 lb. Watercolor Paper 

I made it a goal to post on "The Shoe" with more frequency but deliberately chose not to post some of my recent commission work.  Many of these new pieces are gifts for friends and former students. I didn't want to ruin the surprise for my customers should someone accidentally see their Christmas gift ahead of time.

This commission piece is for a very young child and was ordered by my son-in-law's sister.  I doubt the child will discover this post but I hope her mother will be pleased.  My challenge for Aven's watercolor was to create a folk art piece inspired by the owner's piggy bank.  Aven's room is decorated in matching colors and designs.
I am just about done with two companion pieces for Aven's brother and sister.  Each of their paintings are entirely different and have been a lot of fun to create.

I am nearly finished with my 2010, inked bookplate.  Stay tuned to see this year's design.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE it so much! You are the best!!!

~Julie (Aven's Mom)

Popular Posts