VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, July 13, 2012

SPORT

"Sport"
6.5" x 8" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
Original SOLD - Prints Available

Before I drew this piece I had no idea about the evolution of soccer balls and football helmets.  I do now.  The challenge in this drawing was trying to develop the natural leather look of the equipment while still using some fun, creative colors.  I was commissioned to draw vintage sports equipment on a dictionary page for a little boy's room.

It's been a great summer for Flying Shoes.  I've had great success (in my limited experience) with my Etsy store and I've had lots of friends notice and purchase my artwork.  I have a few more commissions to finish up and then I hope to do more dictionary drawings of personal subjects. 

The great advantage of these small drawings is that even after the original is sold and long gone, I still have nice prints of the artwork that can continue to be sold.

I'm off to the studio and then hope to enjoy a great weekend.

No comments: