CLASSROOM ALTERED BOOKS

My students are busting out some amazing, altered books 

Life has been incredibly busy.  My husband and I have traveled constantly for the past two months and school is in full swing. It's been a long time since I've found a moment to post so I thought I'd feature some of my altered book unit.

This is the first time I've taught altered books other than evening workshops.  I've got such a terrific bunch of craft students this year and since they are such a special group I decided to introduce them to altered books.  This unit takes a lot of supplies, equipment and freedom to move around the room.  This group is the most mature and crafty bunch I've ever had take this class and they are producing some terrific pages.

Some of my finished, altered book pages created during demonstrations

I am really challenged to not focus all my creative energy on building altered book pages along with my students.  I typically demonstrate new techniques and then supervise my students as they work and I'm terribly envious that they get to play all hour on their pages.  Altered books are such a creative outlet and will consume my day if I allow myself to get started on a page.

I am gearing up for a solo art show at the end of October.  My local gallery is featuring my dictionary page drawings.  So I'm trying to focus my artistic efforts on building up an inventory of new work for the show.

Comments

Popular Posts