VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, December 07, 2012

MY FAVORITE WATERCOLOR BRUSH


As a high school art teacher I am always snooping around for new art supplies and techniques.  A few months ago I stumbled onto a watercolor brush that has a water depository in the handle.  I bought a couple of different brands in different price ranges when I had a chance and I am TOTALLY in love.

I was concerned that the brush fibers might mildew if left damp for very long, that it might leak and I was also concerned about the quality of the brush tip (whether it would hold it's shape or be too soft or hard).  Not a one of these problems has happened and I've used the heck outta the Sakura Koi brush.  I love the ease of using this brush for the lettering on my dictionary drawing series.



I think these brushes would be ideal for watercolorist who likes to travel but hates hauling around water containers.  I have to admit that I don't switch around my color palette that often but when I needed to, the brush washes easily in water.  To dampen the brush you just lightly squeeze the barrel of the brush handle.

Here's a resource if you are interested:


No comments: