NEW AIRPLANE & HELICOPTER DICTIONARY DRAWINGS


"Airplane"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
Original SOLD - Prints Available via Etsy

"Helicopter"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
Original SOLD - Prints Available via Etsy

It has be an interesting experience discovering what is popular with art patrons.  My drawings of vintage airplanes and trains have really been loved and I've had numerous requests to create a helicopter drawing.  A good friend recently commissioned me to create a helicopter as a Christmas gift so it is now a part of my series.  All in all, I have now completed an inventory of 72 dictionary drawings including these two.

One of the things I enjoy most about these drawings is how vintage they look and feel.  The dictionary pages are over 50 years old and I distress them more with ink and watercolor washes.  But I really strive to create an drawing that is like an illustration from an old book.  I use sepia ink and very specific colors of pastels and colored pencils to give it an old but familiar look.

I am off to post these on Pinterest and make prints available on my Etsy store at www.Etsy.com/shop/flyingshoes 

Comments

Lagene said…
Amazing! I saw this on Pinterest & I love the vintage effect!

Popular Posts