VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

DRAGONFLY ON 1890'S DICTIONARY PAGE

Dragonfly on 1890's Dictionary Page
5" x 6.5"

I am in love with this old dictionary and I have so many ideas for new drawings.  The pages are beautiful and the definitions are from another world.  This page has the headings Dowry and Drawing-Room and defines a dragonfly as a insectivorous insect: a mosquito hawk.  I think this unique, antique book is going to be cherished for years to come.

Dragonflies have been very good to me.  My first sale in Santa Fe, NM was a dragonfly drawing.  I plan to put this little guy in a lovely frame and find him a new home at the Festival of the Arts in Oklahoma City next month.

1 comment:

Gayle Alstrom said...

Dragon fly on 1890's dictionary page very nice.