VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Thursday, April 03, 2014

TEA AGAIN

Tea
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on 1970's Edition, Webster's Dictionary

There are lots of tea lovers out there and they seem to appreciate a nice drawing of their favorite drink.  I enjoy a nice cup of hot tea especially when I am sick.

One of the fun parts of this piece was working on the light shining through the bottom of the tea bag.  I had noticed a damp tea bag reflecting the sunlight from my kitchen window so I decided to include that in this drawing.  The tea ring stains are a little dark on this drawing - that was originally my husbands idea so I've included it in my drawings of tea, coffee and wine.

The fella is ready for his new home in a new frame as he waits to be presented at the OKC Festival of the Arts in a couple of weeks.

I usually add prints of my latest drawings right away to my online, Etsy shop.  I am having a big, spring print sale on Etsy right now so I'm going to wait until after the OKC show to include my latest work for sale as a print.

1 comment:

BJR said...

Oh...I LOVE this page...but then I love all of them. I am going through your blog...(having just found you today) and I am enjoying each entry. I'm 35 miles southwest of OKC... would love to meet you!! Keep painting. It thrills me that you are teaching students. Art is a joy!!