TEA AGAIN

Tea
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on 1970's Edition, Webster's Dictionary

There are lots of tea lovers out there and they seem to appreciate a nice drawing of their favorite drink.  I enjoy a nice cup of hot tea especially when I am sick.

One of the fun parts of this piece was working on the light shining through the bottom of the tea bag.  I had noticed a damp tea bag reflecting the sunlight from my kitchen window so I decided to include that in this drawing.  The tea ring stains are a little dark on this drawing - that was originally my husbands idea so I've included it in my drawings of tea, coffee and wine.

The fella is ready for his new home in a new frame as he waits to be presented at the OKC Festival of the Arts in a couple of weeks.

I usually add prints of my latest drawings right away to my online, Etsy shop.  I am having a big, spring print sale on Etsy right now so I'm going to wait until after the OKC show to include my latest work for sale as a print.

Comments

BJR said…
Oh...I LOVE this page...but then I love all of them. I am going through your blog...(having just found you today) and I am enjoying each entry. I'm 35 miles southwest of OKC... would love to meet you!! Keep painting. It thrills me that you are teaching students. Art is a joy!!

Popular Posts