1890's VIOLIN & YACHT

Violin 
Mixed Media Drawing on 5" x 6.5" 1890's Dictionary

Yacht
Mixed Media Drawing on 5" x 6.5" 1890's Dictionary

As I've been building inventory for summer shows I realized that I don't have every letter in the alphabet represented in my work.  I harvested these pages from the beautiful, tiny 1890's dictionary when I discovered a chance to create something for 'V' and 'Y.'  I still have a few more empty alphabet sections in my inventory.  'B' and 'M' are HUGE with lots of bees, butterflies and motorcycles, and movies and magic, etc.

Meeting the public at shows always brings with it lots of interesting suggestions for my work.  I have people ask for all sorts of bizarre and sometimes entertaining images on dictionary pages.  I sometimes have people follow up and actually commission these unusual pages but for the most part, I am enjoying drawing what I want - how I want.  These pages are what I want and I enjoyed drawing them all for myself.

Both of these pieces are now in frames and waiting for the trek to the East Coast at the end of June.  I hope they find a nice home there.

Comments

Popular Posts