VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Monday, August 18, 2014

FISH & FLIES

Fish & Flies
Mixed Media Drawing on 12" x 18" Antique Parchment

It's been a hectic few weeks.  I've returned from an exciting summer of travels, family time and art shows to start school for my 15th year.

While I was in Crested Butte (which was a lovely experience and a fabulous art show) I met a lot of terrific people.  One awesome gentlemen saw me working on this piece and asked to purchase it unfinished.  I had intended to have it finished before we went to this part of Colorado where fishing is a passion.  He requested I include some freshwater, brown trout and he purchased a variety of fly fishing flies that he enjoys using and asked that I include them in the drawing.

I had a great time creating this piece.  I was fascinated by the variety of flies he provided.  I had never studied fishing flies before and now I have a better understanding of how each one is an intricate piece of art.  I kinda hate that I have to return them with the finished work.

2 comments:

BJR said...

I just found you on Pinterest. I am amazed and delighted by your art! I also do pen and ink drawings with watercolor sometimes, but putting the paintings on the RIGHT dictionary page is delightful!! Keep on painting. I, too, an from Okla...central Okla. ;)

quitethecrow said...

Hi...I have long admired your pieces on Pinterest and just found your blog where I saw this wonderful fly fishing original. My husband loves fly fishing and makes his own fly rods. Your work is beautiful and one day I hope to purchase a piece from you! Keep "flying"!