VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

VELOCIPEDE

Velocipede
5.5" x 5" Mixed Media Drawing on 1890's Antique Dictionary

Like a lot of artists, I keep returning to favorite subjects and themes.  I love the history, nostalgia and aesthetic of a bicycle.  Years ago I first drew an old bike in an 1800's edition of a dictionary and the elegant definition described it as "a velocipede propelled by treadles."  I loved that - still do.  I had to do another bicycle drawing but this time decided to do a bike with the distinct, different sizes of wheels that matched those often used in the 1800's.

No comments: