VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

CREATING BOOKPLATES FROM MY INK DRAWING



I am busy printing, cutting and packaging my personalized bookplates for friends, coworkers and family.  I scan my drawing, format the drawing in Photoshop and then add "this book belongs to" with the names of my recipients.

These bookplates are printed on 8.5" x 11" adhesive labels I purchase on Amazon.  I like to use adhesive sheets that don't have any writing on the back.

After the sheets are printed, I then cut them in uniform sizes and package them in little vellum paper pockets I cut and build myself.  I like to include a small card in each pocket which explains the story behind the drawing and a little history of bookplates.

I typically create my bookplates as Christmas gifts but this year I was so busy with commission artwork it just had to wait until now.

No comments: