TULSA'S BLUE DOME ART FESTIVAL

It's been a busy Spring and I have fallen behind on blog posts.  So I plan to catch up some and also work on my digital scrapbook and Photoshop skills.

I purchased a new laptop computer about a year ago and have been slow on learning to use it.  Because it runs on Windows 10, I have had to update all of my graphics software and the learning curve has been overwhelming.  I put off working with these new programs and decided to tackle them by creating some digital scrapbook pages of our adventures.  Here is my first attempt featuring the Blue Dome Art Festival held last month in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

This was my first time to show and sell my artwork in Tulsa and we had a great time.  The Blue Dome district is located in a very funky, downtown area and is a huge event.  This show was one of those rare art shows that we participated in during the school year.  It is always a challenge to drive a long distance, set up and tear down then drive back home to teach the next day - it's exhausting.

Our drive across the state was quite exciting.  There was a big tornado outbreak between home and Tulsa which required us to dodge and stop to avoid funnels.  At one point, we had a funnel clearly in view to the North of the road.  I've lived all my life in Oklahoma but this was the first time I've ever actually seen a tornado.

When we arrived, the weather in Tulsa was horrible.  The artists who set up early suffered lots of damage from high winds and torrential rains with hail.  When we arrived to set up our tent, the streets were littered with damaged tents and artwork.  The skies opened up and it rained so heavy during the first day we closed up our tent and went back to our room at the Doubletree and just relaxed.

This was a great show and we really loved this unique, laid back neighborhood.  We also loved having lots of family, former students and old friends drop by to visit.  I hope we are invited back.

Comments

Popular Posts