VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Everly Watercolor


I start watercolor units with my students next week so I've hauled out my tubes, paper and brushes and rearranged my classroom so everyone can get to the sinks. My daughter, Lindsay, asked me to create a dimensional watercolor painting for her niece, Everly for her birthday just as I had everything set up. I love doing this large dimensional pieces. I paint and embellish with colored pencils on 200 pound watercolor paper then cut out the little pieces with an X-acto knife. I then apply them around the page using little foam scrapbook adhesive tabs. I've done these for baby gifts for just about everyone in the family. Instead of little cartoon characters I've done in the past, this one just has butterflies, buttons and bows.

No comments: