Baby Name Watercolors

Now that the festival is over I am catching up on commissions. For years I have created little watercolors as baby gifts and occassionally get a commission to create one for someone else.

This patron wanted the name Emma used and said the nursery was decorated with wooden blocks and owls. I paint the background and then cut-out the images and glue them on so they are 3-D. The little owl on top of the 'A' is my personal favorite.

This watercolor was actually created over a year ago for my grandson, Tate's nursery. My daughter wanted each letter of his name to represent something about him. She has collected Mr. Potato Heads for years, his dad worked for NASA, his young cousins call him Tape and his grandparents think he is the center of the universe all inspired the illustrations.


Comments

Popular Posts