VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FOUND IT!


Last night I was searching through my cluttered studio looking for my old artist trading cards.  At the very bottom of a box of swipe files (files I've made over the years of all sorts of images and collected, project ideas) I discovered my missing sketchbook.  I nearly cried.  This book has been missing for nearly a year and I had given up hope that i would ever find it again.  I am so-o-o-o-o-o happy!

Needless to say, I will be very careful how I manage this little treasure from now on.

The sketchbook is filled with a variety of approaches of a single image - me.  I started it a long time ago and have nearly filled all the pages with multiple mediums and styles all of the same photo.  It's not about what I study as my subject matter but about how I study my subject matter. 

Again- so happy!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What great news!