VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

POMEGRANATE ON A PATTERNED SAUCER

I have been dreaming of a colorful pomegranate still life for months and I've also been anxious to paint a little saucer my youngest daughter bought me at a local thrift store.  Today I did both and I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

"Pomegranate on a Patterned Saucer"
8" x 11"
Soft Pastel on Canson Mi-Teintes Paper

I am still on a quest to find the perfect violet, soft pastel.  I've bought an assortment of different brands online and at art stores around the Southwest but I still can't locate the creamy, soft, dark color I want.  I used all kinds in this piece.

I plan on completing four more, new pieces in time for my May 1st show.  I've got giant oranges and a sack of bright red chili peppers waiting on me in my refrigerator.  After that - who knows.....

No comments: