EASTER DRAWINGS

 "Guitar"
5" x 7" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed Dictionary Page

My world has been extremely hectic the past couple of weeks.  I am matting and packing hundreds of student pieces for our final competition and preparing for a substitute in my room for four days of traveling with students.  It's a real challenge to leave my room with a substitute and keep my students busy while I am gone.  I never like to leave projects that include a lot of precious supplies so I usually have to invent new assignments that are still meaningful but don't require the substitute to police many supplies.

I've also been overwhelmed with the success of my newly launched Etsy store.  I've had some commissions and sales and have shipped out work all over the country.  It's been so exciting but also really time consuming.  The business of my art studio has been my priority and I've missed finding time to draw.

 "Faith"
3.5" x 5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed Dictionary Page

It's Easter break weekend and I'm looking forward to a four day weekend.  This year's Easter has a special meaning for my family.  This past week we have all been prayerful and worried for my eldest daughter, Kiley.  She discovered a breast lump and our local doctor was unusually concerned.  Kiley was able to get into an Amarillo, TX cancer clinic for further testing where they discovered a second, smaller lump.  We have been waiting all week for biopsy results.

Those results finally came this morning and showed no cancer.


"Eggs"
5" x 5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed Dictionary Page

Hopefully the days ahead will be a little less eventful and provide me some happy time on the easel. 

Comments

Popular Posts