THE LAGUNA FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS


My husband and I at the entrance to the 80th Festival of the Arts

This summer I got to experience one of those "bucket list" sort of events that is at the top of my list.  I have wanted to attend the Festival of the Arts in Laguna Beach - particularly the Pageant of the Masters, since I first discovered it.  My husband and I (joined by my sister who lives in California) did just that while on a fabulous, West Coast vacation.

If you aren't familiar with the festival and pageant then take time to investigate.  The whole town of Laguna Beach features local artists throughout the summer and you can spend hours walking through established art shows set up all over the community.  The highlight was for me the Festival of the Arts which is just outside of the theater where this community of volunteers presents the Pageant of the Masters.

The Pageant of the Masters is spectacular.  I've included some video from a previous year's production.  The third video shows artists behind the scenes painting the enormous sets.

I had high expectations for this event and it blew me away.  I now want to see it as often as I can make my way back to California.  It is completely created with volunteer help in a beautiful, outdoor amphitheater using a full, live orchestra and professional vocalists.  Wow!  I get chills just recalling the evening.




Comments

Popular Posts