VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, January 04, 2013

CHRISTMAS COMMISSIONS - ANNIVERSARY & CATS


"Anniversary"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page"
Sold Commission

Now that the holidays have come and gone I can post a few of the commission pieces I've done.  Anniversary was an interesting request.  I love this couple and when the wife approached me to create a dictionary drawing for their anniversary, I was baffled about what image to use on the definition.  I decided the best option was to forget about generic images but instead to try to use one of their wedding photos.

Here is the result.  I may advertise taking more commissions like this for baby announcements, weddings and other special events.

"Cat"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
Sold Commission

This commission was from a friend who wanted me to create the images of their three, beloved cats.  I was sent a multitude of photos via Facebook of their animals only to discover that I couldn't tell one cat from the other.  I saw three, grey cats with no particular differences.  After more discussion I was able to learn something about each cat's personality and size.  When the patron got their drawing they were pleased so "whew!"

It is always a struggle to create a commissioned piece.  I generally don't enjoy commissions but I sure like making the sale.  Now I have two, large scale family portraits on commission to be completed in pastels.  I hope they will be a little easier to capture.

No comments: