VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Sunday, March 03, 2013

FINISHED BAUTISTA FAMILY PORTRAIT

Bautista Family Portrait
18" x 24" Pastel on Canson Mi Teines Paper
Commission - SOLD

After hours and hours of time in my studio, the Bautista family portrait  is finally finished.  It's been six weeks since I've started this commission and I am down right giddy that it's completed.  I certainly didn't work on it daily but these types of projects seem to take forever.

I was particularly upset this morning when I walked into my studio to discover the portrait was on the floor, covered with broken pastels and slightly damaged.  I discovered that our family cat had decided that my drafting table was an inviting bed and didn't like to be crowded.  I had to redo some of the portrait before I could finish and wrap it for delivery.

I went to the Bautista family home mid January and took a variety of snapshots.  I borrowed faces from a number of the photos to get what I thought was a good image of each family member.  Both Martin and Sylvia Bautista are doctors in our community.  My husband and I have had their next-to-the-oldest daughter Victoria as a student but I am not familiar with the other girls.

Now on to building up my inventory of dictionary drawings for summer shows.


No comments: