VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

BUILDING BUTTERFLIES




Butterflies are and have been one of my favorite subjects.  I can't seem to keep many in my inventory so I am pushing to have a few new, butterfly drawings ready for the Oklahoma City art show at the end of May. 

I love to play with whatever colors I feel like and I use all kind of resources when I am building new butterfly drawings.  Many years ago I gave my mother this wall hanging of actual butterflies encased in a class sphere. I keep it in my studio.  Whenever I start a new butterfly piece I like to keep it close by to study the intricate parts of the insect.

This drawing started with line work and details drawn in sepia ink on a large, old page that is incredibly thin.  I have almost finished adding color to the variety of wings in this collection.

No comments: