VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Monday, April 22, 2013

BEE ON LARGER BOOK PAGE

"Bee"
9" x 12" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I am having a lot of fun revisiting some of my favorite subjects on the pages of a really old, larger, dictionary. Working on a larger surface gives me the opportunity to create more images on the page.  This book is exceptionally fragile and the pages are extremely thin much like the pages from a Bible.  I also love that some of the early pages in each section feature tab cutouts found on this page.

For this drawing I researched a variety of bees but as usual - after I studied different varieties I took off on my own without real regard to recreating specific types of insects.  I never knew there were so many different kinds of bees...I think I may have invented a few more.

Like many of it's brothers and sisters, this piece is heading for a frame and for my growing list of summer art shows and festivals.  

No comments: