VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, May 17, 2013

DRAGONFLY REVISITED

Dragonfly
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

The three day, Paseo Art Festival is a week away and my studio is piled high with frames and mats and prints all needing my attention.  I have added 20 new pieces to my inventory in hopes the show is a profitable and I move some work.

To prepare for the show, I have revisited quite a few popular subjects.  I have drawn another dragonfly but this time decided to brighten up the color scheme so all the tiny lines and details will show.  I also added a couple more of the little guys so the focal point won't be all alone.

Today I plan to work away in my studio doing all the hand lettering on these new pieces.  When I scan them, I digitally add the text but I then hand letter the originals using sepia watercolor.

1 comment:

Amber @ Fauna Finds Flora said...

Beautiful illustrations. Dragonflies are so cool. It is always a treat to see more of them during the summer months.