MOVIE

"Movie"
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

A few years ago I created a drawing on the definition page of "Film" as a wedding gift for a former student.  As usual, I scanned the work, watermarked it and saved it on my computer for use as future prints.  In my rush to complete the process, I failed to save a file of the drawing without the embedded watermark.  I didn't realize my mistake until a customer requested a print of the drawing.  I can't undo the watermark so that drawing is no longer available as a print.

When I discovered my problem, I decided it was time to draw another movie themed page.

My husband and I love movies and thanks to another former student, we get to attend an amazing film festival every Fall in Telluride, Colorado.  During this event we get to rub elbows with film makers, actors and some of the big muckety-mucks from Hollywood.  We've been fortunate to meet and actual talk to Ben Affleck, George Clooney, Colin Firth and many other A list celebrities.   We also get to attend exclusive movie premieres and see these films long before they are released to the rest of the world.

Teaching may not pay particularly well when compared to other occupations but our former and current students have rewarded us in countless ways.

Comments

Unknown said…
Mrs. P, you're awesome. I might invite myself to your class room this upcoming year to doodle with you.
Hugs, Ashlee O.

Popular Posts