VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1/22 WHAT'S ON MY DESK


Printmaking Unit Demonstration

My classroom is a total mess.  I have equipment and supplies everywhere.  It's that time when one unit has just finished up and another is starting in everyone of my classes.  I'm just about to the tipping point where I've got to spend time doing nothing but packing and storing and organizing and cleaning.  

Today I started a relief printmaking unit with my craft students.  I like to start with little rubber mats often called Eezy Cut.  I precut each student a little 2" x 2" square and require them to come up with a design, carve their design then print a series of pulls.  We progress to more difficult to manage linoleum plates and blocks each with specific assignments.

No comments: