VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, February 07, 2014

BUILDING THEATER COSTUMES & PROPS


Funny what an artist sometimes finds themselves creating.  I have been occupied building all sorts of costumes and props for our upcoming murder mystery dinner theater.  This year I am not only directing the play but I am also playing a tiny role.  My part is that of an elderly showgirl...a real Carol Burnett kinda part.  I wear a ratty nightgown for most of the show but at one point I put on my showgirl outfit over my robe.

The show takes place in a run down 70's disco.  We have rented lights, fog machines and the entire cast has Afro wigs and bell bottoms with platform shoes.  The murder weapon in the whodunnit is a mirror ball.  I didn't want to purchase and destroy a real mirror ball so I've made a couple of them from paper mache' to use as props.  I don't know if I'll ever get the sticky off my fingers and I think I will find little squares of silver wrapping paper in my desk for years.

Here are some cast photos of the characters who are possible murder suspects.











Looks like a lot of fun.  This is all for a great cause - to support our local, emergency youth shelter.

No comments: