VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

LARGE BOOK


BOOK
8" x 11" Mixed Media Drawing on Antique Dictionary

A good friend brought me a stack of loose pages from a really old dictionary and I LOVE the pages.  They are extremely fragile so I can't make many marks or get very rich colors on the page but the definitions are wonderful.  I especially love this book page.  It has everything from book to bookish to bookbinding.  There really wasn't space to draw much without covering over a book definition of some sort.  So I just drew what I wanted over the big page.

This piece is part of my new inventory for the Thanksgiving show in Albuquerque.

1 comment:

raquel muñoz said...

th's wonderful and amazing work. Thanks ;)