ANOTHER LITTLE BEE

Bee
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I am finishing up the last of my drawings I plan to frame for my holiday show in Albuquerque.  I have done a few bee drawings on dictionary pages and they are always a joy to create.  I've really had fun drawing this little insect so I wanted to take one along with me to New Mexico next week.

As is usually the case, these guys don't really have characteristics specific to actual bees but are a hodge-podge of bees made from spare parts.  My favorite part of this particular drawing is the chubby little guy in the upper right hand corner.  I think he is adorable.  He was a last minute addition after I remembered reading somewhere that this kind of bee defies nature and shouldn't be able to fly because of his build.  What a little trooper!  People say he can't fly and he does it anyway - there!  Waytago, Mister.

Comments

Popular Posts