PROGRESS ON 2013 BOOKPLATE


The first few dots are started.

I feel like I've got my life back after spending October working on our school's one-act play. Our kids competed last week at state and won runner-up.  We are always thrilled to place at a theater competition.  We presented our show one last time this week for parents and the community.  It was a joy to work with this group of students.

I have stacks of work in my studio to complete for my Thanksgiving show in New Mexico.  I am also excited to work on this year's bookplate.  Fortunately, I am teaching an ink unit for all of my advanced students so I have a work-related excuse to have my ink piece out on my desk.  I am trying to figure out the best approach to reproducing the look of burlap.  I think I have a technique figured out.  I am also trying to give the gardening gloves some texture and character.


Comments

Unknown said…
Very nice bookplate. Good work.

Popular Posts