VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Thursday, September 08, 2011

LITTLE RED TRIKE

"Little Red Trike"
4" x 4" Colored Pencil on 80lb Paper

Just finished this itty, bitty piece as a donation for The Circle of Friends Cancer Fundraiser coming up in October.  Each year I donate a piece for their silent auction and I have been pleased that some of my close friends have purchased my pieces and contributed to this important cause.  I love when something I've created is loved by someone I know. 

This piece is small but has lots of vivid color.  My third and fourth year, advanced placement students have been working on warm-up drawings using an old tricycle and bicycle as their subject matter.  I decided to join in the fun and create one of my own.  Colored pencil work is extremely time consuming no matter what size it is.  I apply layers and layers of thick color blended together so the finished piece has the qualities of painting.  Now that it's done, I am going to frame it in a glossy red frame with a wide, white mat.

I hope someone has a sweet memory of a little red tricycle and gives it a good home.

No comments: