QUILTING HANDS PROGRESS

Here's an update on my progress with this class demonstration piece built from my grandmother's quilt using my hands.  I've finished working the piece to demonstrate value and texture techniques but I'm interesting in finishing the entire thing sometime soon - just because.

I love graphite pencil on white paper - sometimes it just "hits the spot."  Thanks to a mention in Southwest Art Magazine, I recently discovered a fabulous Southwest artist named Mary Ross Buchholz who creates beautiful horse and rider drawings using graphite.  Visit her blog at http://maryrossbuchholz.com/blog  Her work is extraordinary.

Since my students only have a short time left with graphite this piece may have to wait until next summer for completion.  I am on to building demonstrations using ink which will involve my annual bookplate.

Comments

Popular Posts