VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

DRAGONFLY

"Dragonfly"
5" x 5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed Dictionary Page

I have more ideas than time these days to complete a series of drawings on distressed, dictionary pages.  I still like the look of the Sepia brown Micron pens and am really pleased that they are lasting through a lot of drawings.  It's a really busy time at school with the third nine weeks wrapping up this Friday.  My students are just finishing paper mache' mask making and pastel painting.  I am extremely busy preparing printmaking supplies and watercolor brushes, paints and papers for new units.  My afternoon classes are heavily into colored pencil skill building and about to study a unit on patterns.  We also just hung our first competitive show of the year in a gallery in Kansas.  Whew!!!  My room is cluttered with supplies coming and going!

Back to the dictionary series.....
A couple of these drawings are already spoken for and shipped off to new homes.  I hope to complete enough for a booth at our spring art festival - which means digging up funds for frames.  Since I've been getting such a positive response about this series, I plan to investigate the cost of making some Giclee prints.

This morning I borrowed a French dictionary from the French teacher down the hall from my classroom.  I think some drawings on copies of a French dictionary would be lovely to try.

Back to my classroom and hopefully some time for playing.

No comments: