VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Thursday, March 08, 2012

FEATHER

"Feather"
3.5" x 4.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

The librarian at our high school learned that I was drawing on dictionary pages and brought me a small American Heritage Dictionary with a 1960's copyright.  It had been well used and had some doodles and tears on a few of the pages.  I was concerned that the pages might be too thin and fragile to withstand aggressive mark making but it seemed to hold up just fine.

Yesterday I built another feather page but discarded it because I just didn't like the composition.  I tried to include three, different kinds of feathers but I wasn't happy with the composition.  The small page from this dictionary only allowed space (I think) for one feather.  I also thought it was better suited for a vertical layout.

1 comment:

just_my_luck said...

wow this is beautiful