RADIO ON DISTRESSED, DICTIONARY PAGE

"Radio"
5" x 5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed Dictionary Page

The Sunflower Art Festival is less than two weeks away and I'm frantically juggling end of school demands and preparing inventory for the show. Only two more days of the school year remain and my schedule is starting to thin out.  Thanks to End of Instruction Testing most of our high school students have been finished for weeks (in their minds) so it's been challenging to keep my classes motivated.

A fellow teacher asked me to create a dictionary page with a vintage radio.  Her husband collects them and she wanted a piece for their home library.  I have a reproduction of this cathedral radio which I really love and I decided it needed a microphone as a companion.  My husband worked at a radio station for over 25 years so the microphone is a bit of a "tip of the hat" to that.

If you like this piece, please take a look at it's brothers and sisters at my Etsy store etsy.com/shop/flyingshoes or drop by the Sunflower Art, Food and Wine Festival, June 9th in downtown Guymon.

Comments

Popular Posts