VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Thursday, May 03, 2012

TELEPHONE ON DISTRESSED, DICTIONARY PAGE

"Telephone"
5" x 5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

Okay, I may be a bit ambitious to think I can create one of these a day but I'm off to a pretty good start of building an inventory of drawings on dictionary pages. 

I have made quite a few discoveries while drawing these vintage images:  (1) the ink/watercolor washes on the old book pages make them slick so very few drawing mediums stick well and erase easily; (2) It is challenging to get accurate colors from a high resolution scans so I have to "fiddle with" the digital outcomes; and (3) There seems to be quite a few folks out there who have noticed these simple pieces thanks to Pinterest, Etsy and Google searches.




No comments: