VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, June 06, 2014

POTTERY

Pottery
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Children's Dictionary

I am striving to balance my own interests while still building pieces that reflect the area where they are being sold.  I am a huge fan of Santa Fe/Southwest decor and I have always loved Native American pottery.  My house is filled with Native American treasures I inherited from my grandmother.  She taught school on a New Mexico reservation and had a fabulous collection of pottery, rugs, bead work and moccasins.  Since my home is decorated with Southwest themes, my family let me have my grandmother's Native American keepsakes.

I own a couple of very tiny, Hopi pots and have my hard drive filled with photos I've taken of pottery when we travel.  I picked a couple of my favorites for this dictionary page.  I was delighted when I discovered a children's dictionary with a Native American pot illustration on the page so everything came together to create this drawing.

I hope my gallery owner approves and likes this idea and finished product.

No comments: