WATERCOLOR

Watercolor
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page

I loved working on this drawing.  Sometimes a piece is such fun and almost draws itself - it sure was the case with this one.  I thought about using more expensive, tube watercolors as my subjects in the drawing but decided instead to use the everyday sets I give my students.  I still use these sets from time to time myself.

Although this piece is to celebrate watercolor painting, it is completely done with colored pencil and ink.  I thought about adding some watercolor but never put the pencils down long enough to fetch them.

After I letter the original it's going into a frame so it can travel with its siblings to Colorado in a few weeks.

Comments

Laura said…
I just found your blog. Do you always paint on newspaper? Are you using watercolor paint? I wonder how that goes on newspaper.....
Laura

Popular Posts