TRAVEL WITH PASSPORT


After a horrible two weeks of being terribly sick, I am finally back in my studio and working away.  It's been a nightmare and I hope to never go through that again.  I am still not back to eating much but I can manage to get out of bed and enjoy getting out of the house on short trips.  My goal is to enjoy a big, juicy cheeseburger in the very near future but for right now I am still on jello and oatmeal.

While I was in OKC at the Paseo Art Festival, I had a commission request for a new Travel drawing.  The customer requested brighter colors and asked that I add a passport image.  She also wanted a square rather than full page format.  I drug myself up to my studio a couple of days ago and attempted to get her piece going.  Now it is finished, scanned and I am waiting to hear if she approves.


"Travel"
6" x 6" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page


The same drawing lettered with a full page format.

When I first scan my work to include on this blog or other online services, I add digital lettering.  I like to move it around on the page until it finds the right location to enhance the drawing.  My prints then have this digital lettering.  However, I hand letter all of the original drawings using sepia watercolor.

Comments

Rush'd Lady said…
I found your art posted on Pinterest and had to stop in and say howdy! I've been to Guymon, Oklahoma many times, although I expect it has changed a lot since I was there. I still have kin in the area -- Akers, LaRue, and Ullom. And then a couple of ladies we attend church with are from there -- Countryman. Small world, huh?

Popular Posts