VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, June 28, 2013

TRAVEL WITH PASSPORT


After a horrible two weeks of being terribly sick, I am finally back in my studio and working away.  It's been a nightmare and I hope to never go through that again.  I am still not back to eating much but I can manage to get out of bed and enjoy getting out of the house on short trips.  My goal is to enjoy a big, juicy cheeseburger in the very near future but for right now I am still on jello and oatmeal.

While I was in OKC at the Paseo Art Festival, I had a commission request for a new Travel drawing.  The customer requested brighter colors and asked that I add a passport image.  She also wanted a square rather than full page format.  I drug myself up to my studio a couple of days ago and attempted to get her piece going.  Now it is finished, scanned and I am waiting to hear if she approves.


"Travel"
6" x 6" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page


The same drawing lettered with a full page format.

When I first scan my work to include on this blog or other online services, I add digital lettering.  I like to move it around on the page until it finds the right location to enhance the drawing.  My prints then have this digital lettering.  However, I hand letter all of the original drawings using sepia watercolor.

1 comment:

Rush'd Lady said...

I found your art posted on Pinterest and had to stop in and say howdy! I've been to Guymon, Oklahoma many times, although I expect it has changed a lot since I was there. I still have kin in the area -- Akers, LaRue, and Ullom. And then a couple of ladies we attend church with are from there -- Countryman. Small world, huh?