VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

MORE WINE

WINE
9" x 12" Mixed Media Drawing on Antique Dictionary

I've had this drawing started in my studio for months.  I kept looking at it to finish and then tucked it away for later.  This morning I decided to drag it out and play with it.  This is the result.

This is a wonderful page from a great old book.  The whole left-hand column of definitions refers to wine.  I love finding a perfect page for a subject.

As I've gone along, I have discovered better ways to draw on these fragile, old books.  This page was extremely thin and I actually had to do some repairs to the page.  I've discovered a great system of using scraps of old parchment and acid free glues used by scrapbookers to patch a page from behind.  I will tell an interested customer about the patch work but they rarely can find my repairs.  I think it further rescues this page and gives it new life after a little surgery.


Here is a photo of my models and my studio this morning as I worked away on this new drawing.




No comments: